Subarna Banerjee is chairman of UHY International and the managing partner of UHY Hacker Young (London and Nottingham offices). He joined UHY Hacker Young's London office as audit partner in 2014, having worked previously in a number of senior roles within the UK’s Top 6 accounting firms.
Subarna is a chartered accountant and has more than 20 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector, with particular expertise in auditing charities, housing providers, higher/further education institutions, and academy schools. He also audits a number of property and publishing companies.
Outside of the not-for-profit sector, Subarna provides pension scheme audit services and works with companies listed on AIM. he has assisted with acquisitions within the listed and private sectors and mergers within the housing provider and university sectors.
UHY Hacker Young LLP, London
- Managing Partner (effective from 1 May 2020)
- Member of Executive Committee (effective from 1 May 2017)
- Member of UHY national group board (effective from 30 March 2020)
- Board member of UHY International (effective from 13 April 2020)
- Audit Partner (2014-2020)
- Former national head of charities and not-for-profit (until 2020)
- Grant Thornton UK LLP, Milton Keynes - Audit Director (2002-2014)
- Ernst & Young LLP, Luton - Audit Manager (1997-2002)
- Silver Altman Chartered Accountants, London - Audit Senior (1993-1996)
- Member of the ICAEW
- Playing tennis.
- Chair of the finance committee of a local Roman Catholic church.