Bas Pijnaker joined Govers Accountants & Advisors, UHY’s member firm in the Netherlands, in November 2013, having previously spent over ten years at one of the largest law firms in the Benelux as a tax lawyer. With a background in both Tax law and Tax economics from Tilburg University, Bas specialises in working with privately owned, medium-sized companies and their shareholders.
Bas joined the UHY Board of directors of UHY International in 2019 and is chairman of the ‘UHY Think Tank’, which brings new strategic ideas to the UHY Board for the benefit of clients and the member firms.
Govers is a full scope accounting, audit and tax consultancy operating in a number of sectors and with a total staff of 180, based in Eindhoven.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Business owners / HNWI’s
- Corporate Income Tax
- International Tax
- Personal Income Tax
- Mergers and acquisitions
- January 2015; appointed equity partner at Govers
- 2013-2014: appointed partner at Govers
- 2003-2013; Tax advisor at Loyens & Loeff N.V. – one of the leading Benelux tax and legal firms.
- Postdoc European Tax Law, Erasmus University – 2009
- Tax Law (LLM), University of Tilburg – 2003
- Fiscal Economics (Msc), University of Tilburg – 2003.
My family, playing golf and watch PSV Eindhoven.